At Smile First Dentist, we offer compassionate care for kids and honest advice for their parents. We understand that a positive dental experience is the foundation for future oral health, so we take a fun, friendly approach to every appointment. Our Durham team is here for your little one as much as we are for you -- we want to empower every parent with the information and practical advice they need to encourage healthy habits and positive outcomes.
• We understand that baby teeth do eventually fall out, so we do not over-treat.
• Our pediatric dentists are all mommies who value transparency and trust.
• We approach treatment needs of each child as both dentist and parents.
• We have a pediatric dentist on call 24/7.
• You are able to text or call about your emergency at any time.
• Patients of record can send pictures directly to our dentists for advice
• We are a primarily paperless office
• Pain-free laser anesthesia is available.
• We offer digital impressions and x-rays.
• CO2 Light scalpel laser is used for quick and easy tongue and lip releases.
• Nano-particle air filtration provides us with clean, fresh air.
• We sanitize between every patient
• Private waiting rooms are available for each family.
• We offer comfy, washed blankets and pillows.
• On-Demand Netflix or Amazon Prime help keep you and your child entertained.
• You'll be able to select your choice of all the latest Disney movies.
• Fidget toys are available to help keep wiggly patients calm.
• Our patients overcome oral habits with positive affirmations.
• We give out fun prizes at every visit !
• Gamifying hygiene appointments helps motivate kids and parents.
• Life is tough as parents and we are not here to judge– We are just trying to be motivational experts in your kids oral health journey!
Dr. Jenny Citineni is a board certified pediatric dentist and originally from Hyderabad, India. She has spent most of her life in Durham attending Githens Middle, Riverside High, and NC School of Science and Math. She found her passion for dentistry after she graduated UNC-Chapel Hill. As an AmeriCorps Public Ally, she met a dentist who introduced her to the different aspects of the field, and she quickly found a passion for the art, results, and positive patients - especially the kids! Within 6 months of meeting the dentist, she was accepted into UNC School of Dentistry.
After earning her dental degree, she became the Dental Director of a Children's Health Department Dental Clinic in Lexington, NC. Dr. Jenny is a recognized, sought-after pediatric dentist. Her accomplishments and awards speak to her drive, ambition, and passion for delivering quality care:
She treats every child like a star, and makes each patient feel comfortable and excited about their dental health journey. She has two little stars of her own, Ava and Ella with her husband, Tommy Thekkekandam. Tommy and Dr. Jenny have a passion project of making delicious tasty treats that are sugar free for everyone to enjoy! They love to bake, eat, hike, swim and explore the world!
Dr. Jorge Arriagada is a board certified pediatric dentist and is originally from San Pedro Sula, Honduras. He is bilingual in English and Spanish. He completed both his dental and pediatric training at East Carolina University. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Molecular and Structural Biochemistry from North Carolina State University.
It is Dr. Jorge's mission is to treat children with gentleness, compassion and respect while making dentistry fun so that they can grow to be healthy adults without fear of dentistry. He has been an active participant on Give Kids a Smile Day and Missions of Mercy Dental clinics since 2009.
Dr. Jorge is a soon to be resident of Morrisville with his wife Cindy, a social worker. When he is not treating pediatric patients, they love playing board games, grilling, white water rafting, exploring the beaches and mountains with their three children, Ben, Jack and Lexie.
Dr. Amanda Allen knew from an early age that she wanted to be in healthcare and work with kids, so being a pediatric dentist is a dream come true! As a pediatric dentist she gets to wear multiple hats –skilled clinician, educator, advocate and cheerleader – and she loves every minute of it!
Dr. Allen started out in dentistry as a general dentist and brings almost a decade’s worth of experience into her pediatric residency, which she completed at the UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry. She knows the importance of starting with a positive foundation to help create happy, healthy, life-long dental patients.
Dr. Allen is also a Board Certified Pediatric Dentist. She is a perpetual learner and staying up-to-date allows her to take care of her patients the way she takes care of her own children’s dental health.
She was born in Wilmington, Delaware and has lived in Garner, North Carolina. She is married to Mike Allen, and they have three beautiful children – Elijah, Jackson and Abigail – who are blessings that keep them busy and joy filled. When she is not working as a pediatric dentist, Dr. Allen can be found cheering her children on at their various activities, goofing off with her three dogs – Scout, a Goldendoodle, Bandit and Bear, a Shih-Tzu – or in the kitchen as she loves to bake.